Pokemon Battle Academy
Welcome to the Pokémon Battle Academy! Please read the rules and fill out the character creation form before roleplaying! Thanks for visiting!
Pokemon Battle Academy
Welcome to the Pokémon Battle Academy! Please read the rules and fill out the character creation form before roleplaying! Thanks for visiting!
Pokemon Battle Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To A New Year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Poké : 1000

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Dakota stared up at them from the edge of the dock with her legs dangling off the edge. The stars twinkled prettily in the night sky, but they were nothing like home. You can't even see the Milky Way here... And there's too few. She considered trying to count them, but that would have only depressed her more.

If Six Island was known for anything, it was for its view of the stars. Completely isolated, far away from the major cities of mainland Kanto, when the townsfolk were asleep... There was nothing quite like it. Dakota would often just sit on the roof and gaze up for hours, listening to the songs of the Kricketune. Those moments were her solace. Here, it just wasn't the same. The archipelago had so many scenic places to enjoy, but they were full of idiots and tourists.

How could she enjoy some nature walk or stroll around campus when there was always some fat family in Aloha shirts bumbling about to take group pictures every minute? How could she deal with the chatty obnoxious groups along the nature trails, seemingly oblivious to all the sights around them? The litterers were the worst. What compelled people to just drop their trash on the ground?! It was unseemly! Disgusting, even! This was supposed to be a high class academy, and yet everyone seemed to act like boorish urchins in this place.

Yet home didn't sound so appealing, even with the sorry excuse for a school. She had to get her education from somewhere, and the Academy was still preferable to being tutored by Mr. Morris. His stare had always made her a bit uncomfortable and he always seemed distracted and enthusiastic when teaching. Dakota still felt she had a loose grip on some of those basic subjects, undoubtedly thanks to his abysmal teaching methods, yet apparently he was a friend of her father's and couldn't have been replaced. He sounded so bored of what he was saying, it's a wonder he didn't just quit himself.

The teachers here weren't quite as bad, but she'd warmed up to them about as much as she had warmed up to her fellow students. One had the audacity to pull her aside and ask if she was getting bullied. How absurd. Dakota still bristled at the thought of somebody trying to push her around. No, everyone mostly left her around now, though that didn't stop them from talking.

Oh, and the New Year. Academy Island was bustling, and soon there would be fireworks to disrupt the poor view she had to deal with already. Students would be banging pots and pans, there would be yelling, probably some awful party would get thrown together by some of the more disruptive students... Midnight would be madness. Can't they celebrate quieter?
Back to top Go down
http://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/
Jayson
Admin
Jayson

Poké : 0

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:39 am

Adeline hadn't really been in much forests. The closest she got to collective plant life every day was in her garden, which was kept in top shape daily by the maidens that her father had hired. Nevertheless, this was a large part of the island, and it was pretty. She'd have to make a note to more thoroughly traverse the area, but the moon had risen and she was afraid of staying in the wilderness in the dark. Oh, if she cut her face on a loose branch, no one would take her seriously!

And thus she ended up at the end of a path, which led towards the docks on the eastern part of the island. Here the gravel mixed with wood and sand, and the lights of the school were before her. Adeline preferred the city far more than that of the wild, where savage Pokémon untrained by the gentle touch of a human went to roam freely in the dark undergrowth. Of course, being raised by someone of poor status was just as bad. Adeline's heart went out to the Pokémon of Hoenn.

She spotted Dakota as she was about to turn towards the school, seeing her as alone save for the few people who sat on benches around the area. Was she staring at the ocean? Had this poor soul never seen the waters before? Oh, how dreadful. Adeline began to suddenly pity this girl, despite having such a broad assumption, and deduced that her presence would be of good fortune to her. Without hesitating, Adeline walked up to a part of the dock that was about 5 meters away from Dakota, and did exactly what she was doing: sitting over the edge with her feet dangling above the foamy waters. The girl said nothing, only made her presence known.
Back to top Go down
https://pbarpg.forumotion.com
Sleepy

Sleepy

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Dakota froze in caution as footsteps approached her direction on the pier. What is it now? She turned her heard ever so slightly, surprised to see a girl she didn't recognize coming her way. What the hell does she want? Dakota watched her from the corner of her eye as she walked up, sat down, and then began to mimic her movements. Is she trying to mock me? A half-frown began to form on her face.

"Good evening, madam." Dakota said, her tone laced with venom. "Did the celebrations get too obstreperous for you too? I'm certain you'll be missed." Maybe the girl would take the hint. Go and drink and sleep with a senior or something. Just get away from me.
Back to top Go down
Jayson
Admin
Jayson

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:53 am

Adeline turned to Dakota with the best expression of confusion that she could possibly pull off. What? You are talking to me?
"I'm sorry, I didn't notice you there." Adeline assured to fellow student with a smile, one of slight condescension. Such a smile was not intended to be smug on Adeline's part at all. She truly felt as if she was helping Dakota by being there. The girl felt proud. "Well, now that you have interrupted my vivid fascination with staring out into the see melancholically, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to introduce myself. Hello, my name is Adeline Dechant, duchess of Kalosian origin. It is lovely to meet a lower person as yourself." she said. The statement was genuine, without any sarcasm or bitterness involved. And why would their be? Adeline held a hand as an invitation to shake, her mien still happy and filled with pride.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Dakota's expression remained unamused as Adeline spoke. The trainer only snorted in laughter. A smug Kalosian duchess, what else? It was only the ridiculousness of the situation that quelled her rage from being called 'lowly' and the natural condescension that filled the girl's words. She thought herself so much better, being some vestige of an old nobility. Not on Dacaer, hon. "Do they shake hands from sixteen feet away where you are from, Adeline?" Dakota shot back at the air-headed bint with a glance at her outstretched hand. "I'm afraid you are very far from home. You're not higher than anybody here."

Her mouth twitched in what might have been the start of a smile. "Daresay, you might be one of the lower peoples on this island. I don't recognize your name from any of the rankings."
Back to top Go down
Jayson
Admin
Jayson

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 am

Adeline lowered her hand, realizing the girl would not accept it. Her smile stayed, however, the pomposity she possessed not subsiding in any way following the comments. She closed her eyes, inhaling through her nose silently.

"What is your name, oh commonperson?" she asked, still going with the mindset of her superiority over this girl. She had mistaken a lack of sociability for sadness, and still felt sorry for the girl. She needed Adeline's presence more than ever to lighten her sour mood. No matter. She would see if this attempt on her part was futile or not. It was no harm on her, she was just volunteering herself for the better of the island's people.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:36 am

Dakota raised an eyebrow, her irritation mounting. Was she really... that stupid? "The tuition fee for Pokémon Battle Academy is costly, my lady. Nobody here is common. If you need smallfolk to lord over that badly, you should return to the primitive feudal backwater you call home." she said with disdain, turning her noise up at the duchess. She was fast running out of patience. "My name is Dakota Walker, of Kanto. Perhaps you know of our family's influence in the region." Dakota paused to consider, looking up at the stars and pursing her lips. "Or maybe not. Kalos is known for having its head up its own ass."
Back to top Go down
Jayson
Admin
Jayson

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:48 am

"Ah, Kanto." Adeline remarked, her voice rather unimpressed. She opened one of her eyes and glared at Dakota with it, a light smile still on her lips. The girl took her time between sentences, calmly inhaling once more before speaking.
"Well, Dakota, I heard Kantohan were naturally fowl mannered and rude, but I didn't know it was this terrible. Perhaps you are just the worst of your people." she stated, standing up. Her work here was done, as well as fruitless. This Dakota girl was such a poison that even she couldn't save her. How disappointing.
The girl began to walk towards Central Plaza, and as she passed by Dakota, she patted her on the shoulder. "Tell your Pokémon I sent my deepest sympathies." Adeline said in a hushed voice, before continuing on to her destination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To A New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: To A New Year   To A New Year Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

To A New Year
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Battle Academy :: Academy Island :: Eastern Dock-
Jump to: