Pokemon Battle Academy
Welcome to the Pokémon Battle Academy! Please read the rules and fill out the character creation form before roleplaying! Thanks for visiting!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Search Continues!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Poké : 500

PostSubject: The Search Continues!   Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 am

Becca walked through Azulia, her red eyes glued to the canal that the fish had been spotted in. Becca traced the water for any sign of the Pokemon. Hoping it wasn't too late to find it. Should she try and find it where the canal meets the ocean? Deciding that heading towards the ocean was the best idea, the trainer on a search picked up the pace. Soon enough, she reached where the sighting happened.

Frowning to her self, she ripped a piece of of bread apart, then tossed it into the ocean. Her red eyes never leaving the piece of food. She mentally hoped to herself that Magikarps liked bread. But, don't all fish?

October Ratio W/L: 1-0
Over All Ratio W/L: 1-0

October Ratio W/L: 0-0
Over All Ratio W/L: 0-0

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Nothing seemed to be happening for a little while, but soon, a fish hopped up and snatched the bread. It gulped it down in one bite, and stopped to look at Becca with a blank stare. The fish was a Remoraid, and it drifted downwards.

A fisherman nearby blinked at Becca, and grinned. "Aye, lass. The Magikarp ain't lookin' for no breads. The Magikarps like them somethun' else."
The man paused, stroking his beard and keeping his line underwater so that his bait was not visible. "Though ye' be my rival, I'll let ye' in on a secret. There is a little Poffin Shop down on Fifth Street. Ye' tell Ol' Suzanne, the owner of that shop, you are looking for Magikarp bait, and she'll get ye' some." he smiled once more. "Of course, 'er most famous item will come at a price."

The man shifted his focus back to the waters, anxiously awaiting for another bite. People lined the shore alongside him, there to wait and see if the legend of the Magikarp was true.

Adeline Dechant
DECEMBER W/L RATIO: 0 for 0
OVERALL W/L RATIO: 0 for 0

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pbarpg.forumotion.com
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:26 pm

The water rippled, the image that had been on the semi still surface was distorted. Here it was the Go-. No. Just a stupid Remoraid. Becca scoffed to herself and was about to rip other piece off, before an old voice sounded behind her. Becca turned to face, the old man. He was clearly an experienced fisher. So she listened closely, understanding that a most impotent fish, wouldn't want to feed on just some plain bread. 'A Poffin shop!' Becca gave the man a toothy smile. Quickly thanking him, she ran towards the shop. Over bridges and sharp turns, nearly running into a few people.

Soon, she arrived at the shop, and much to her surprise, it was nearly empty. Turning towards the counter, Becca waited as a few people went and ordered their poffins. As Becca waited she looked around the shop, guessing most people were out waiting to see if anyone found the Magikarp.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:35 pm

The shop gave an antique vibe, with wooden floors and walls that seemed to be handmade, as if the large building it was inside of was build around it. Delicious looking, fluffy poffins lined the shelves in an assortment of colors and packs, each having their own small price tag under them. At a rickety old desk, along with a small Minccino, was the owner of the store.

Suzanne Poff was an elderly woman from a family of Pokémon bakers. Known by others as simply "Old Sue," she had been continuing the family traditional happily. A widow, her eyes were hard and dull, though her smile with kind and sincere. When Becca approached her, she put a hand on the desk; a callus hand of a baker. "Hello dear. I assume you are here for a Blue Poffin?" she asked in a quiet voice, her smile warm as that of a grandmother.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:07 pm

The red head looked up at the elderly woman, a bright smile warmed her face. "Uh, Yeah! Ya know!" She rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, almost un-noticeably pulling strands of her hair band. Of course, this was all by accident. She had seen her brother who did the same thing when she was younger, so ever since then, it has become a habit to the younger sister. "I don't think I have enough to get it though, I just moved here." Her cheeks were tinted with red, out of embarrassment. "Do you think I could work it off by working?" Her red eyes looked up at the lady hopefully, her smile from before matching her sheepish gesture.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 pm

The old lady blinked, before giggling silently. Reaching under the desk in which she was situated at, she withdrew a bag of 5 blue poffins and placed them on the counter in front of Becca. "I see you are new around here. Take these as a welcoming gift." she said kindly, the Minccinno watching on with disbelief at the free giveaway. Chiine-Chiii... was the sound it let out.
The woman patted the Pokémon. "I'm rooting for you to catch that Pokémon. You are the most ambitious looking person to come in here today. This is why I feel these are going into good hands." she explained a little further, before adding, "Go on, young one."

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Echou

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:45 pm

While her best friend was up there around the canals, Kanna was at the end of the waterway, riding on her Lapras, Dasani. Ceylon was beside her, sensing aura around. The girl peered in her bag, seated, although some might find a Lapras' shell very uncomfortable, she didn't. It was a bit nice to sit there and feel the nice breeze and the taste of the ocean - not that she'd ever try and drink salt water. In the bag was some Poffins that Anceril had baked according to a few recipes that attracted Water Type Pokemon, but her sister didn't really know which ones it would work for. There was a variety of colors from red to blue to yellow to green, including Neesan's other recipes that she created varying in shades of blues. However, the only thing was, they all did different things and Kanna wasn't sure if she wanted to take the risk of falling into the water, especially when she couldn't swim very well and that Velia was up with Togekiss and Cheryl with Anceril searching from the surface, unable to grab her with her ribbons.

Shivering at the thought, she looked back to her Lucario, who was still focused on locating the Magikarp's aura. Not wanting to interrupt quite yet, she took the Holo Caster she owned, luckily from her aunt as a Christmas gift, and turned it on, contacting Anceril.

"Hey, have you seen anything up there yet?"

The girl above on Aryuna - the Togekiss - heard the ringing sound on her own Holo Caster, a green one. Turning it on and received the message, seeing the hologram. No matter how many times she's used it, the half-body mirage was always hard for her to get over seeing, considering how real it looked. She wasn't sure who made the Caster, but it was a pretty impressive invention. She quickly called down below, considering it would be easier, "Nothing, sorry... Have you tried to use the Blue Poffins?"

Kanna slightly frowned, looking at them. Obviously, these poffins might be the best chance she had, but what could she think about them? Looking to Ceylon, she tapped him gently on the shoulder, though he obviously knew what she was about to say. "There's a faint trace of it, but nothing. I don't see why we have to do this anyway." The Lucario let out an annoyed grunt, disliking this task. Although he was aware of the "Legendary" item being rewarded, he didn't believe it. As if! That principal was just a rip-off in his opinion, but he couldn't disobey Kanna at all.

Cheryl had been floating around continuously across the surface of the ocean, skimming it, small waves forming as she breezed by. From what's been happening, and how tired the Whimsicott had been growing, the Pokemon had already given up on the search. It soon went to rest on Dasani before Anceril called it back to her Pokeball.

The blue haired girl sighed, her blue eyes growing restless. A little way, she saw that it might be the only choice that she used poffins now. Taking out all the blue ones, the ones she assumed where best, Kanna threw them into the water, hoping something would happen. She had lost a bit of spirit in continuing this ridiculous search, but nonetheless, still wanted the item. Now growing patient, the girl signaled Ceylon to search around and see if any new aura signals appeared.

OOC: The blue Poffins thing, I started writing this out two hours ago. ;A; I just had homework so I paused it, I didn't realize that Becca would be getting blue Poffins as the bait. I just saw the posts, and I just... asdfghjkl; Anceril's the cook for Pokemon, and also likes to design clothing, just not... battling. I'm just... This didn't say it was a closed topic, so I assume that I'm allowed to post here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 am

Becca looked up with wide eyes. The lady was actually going to give these to her? 'But aren't these expensive?' The trainer thought with awe. She as expecting to work for them, to make it up to the lady. Hearing the woman's Pokemon chirp, Becca couldn't help but agree with it.

But, as her father had taught her when she was younger, it is impolite to refuse a gift someone gave you. The redheaded trainer smiled broadly. "Thank you! I'll do my best!" She gently took the bag from the counter, then gave the lady a big wave. She then turned and made her way out of the store. Then toward her spot from before. Much to her disbelief, more people had arrived, crowding along the canal in hopes of seeing this Pokemon. As soon, as she had made her way though the crowd...

Then she paused.

Wait.

She needed a fishing rod.

Shit.

Becca never really cussed, abet it was mentally, but this situation definitely called for that word.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Up the canal, people were eager to catch themselves the rare Magikarp. Chattering of excitement and ambition arose from the crowd as each person threw their lines into the water, eager to get themselves the fish.
A vender nearby was selling fishing rods, but they were overpriced and didn't look too impressive. Experienced fishermen were there at the canal, with specialized Magikarp catching Super Rods.
However, there seemed to be no fish in the canal whatsoever. They were all scared away by the cityfolk, and seemed to have drifted out into the water. It was the largest canal in the city, so surely it would have had to be there if in any, for the others were smaller and shallow. Magikarp normally liked their swimming room, for they were not the best at it.
"I caught it!"
"That's a Stunfisk!"
"I can't find my bait, honey!"
"This is boring!"
This was not the environment to be fishing in.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 pm

She frowned deeper as the voices of the people around her seemingly increased. She was sure the poor little Magikarp, and well, all the other fish would hear the commotion all the way within the water. Her red gaze turned out towards the ocean. She could see Rika already hoping the fish swam that way. So, the ocean was covered by fishing men and other students. Which left inland.

Becca clutched her Poffin bag to her chest and hurried towards the less populated canals. That way, not as many people would scare away the fish. Turning around the corner, the trainer was greeted by a welcome sight. The path was just about empty. A few citizens were heading towards where she came from. Their fishing poles resting on their shoulders as they quickly walked towards the crowded canal. The talk of the crowd seemed distant. This seemed like a nice place to stop.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Near the canal, a lonely man slept by the water, leaning on his Swalot and sitting on the cooler by the narrow stream. By his leg, an impressive fishing rod was propped against the cooler. The man was around 20, with dark brown hair covered by a fisherman's cap. Not a single fisherman was near him, everyone by the large and clean canal through central Azulia. Every once in a while, a pedestrian would pass by him and whisper things about how odd he was to be near the lesser canal. He wasn't awoken however.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Red eyes traveled around, evaluating her surroundings. The walk ways were mostly clear. Except for...that man over there.
With his...Fishing rod! Her face lit up, perhaps this man would lend her the key component to fishing! Hurrying over to the man, she paused to take a look at him. He was around his twenties, because he didn't have a scraggly beard like most old fishers did. She leaned forward to poke the man in the cheek. Almost preying that he wasn't one of those types that hates to be woken up by a little girl asking to borrow something of his.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:23 pm

The man woke up, rather startled, and still dreary-eyed, looking up at the girl. He seemed confused, still half asleep, and questioned her. "Em, eerr.....what do you want...?" he asked quietly, voice hoarse and still a bit slurred. This man obviously had a long night, most likely sitting at the canal.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Echou

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Although the two girls couldn't exactly tell what's going on up at the shore, Kanna couldn't help but smile at the fact that all the Water Pokemon had swam out into the open ocean, which was an advantage for her. Nodding to Ceylon, the Lucario was still focused before getting up. It was obvious that he was slightly shocked by all the salient auras appearing. All the people on shore and the number of fish swimming beneath in fright by the commotion would be a sort of sight that would scare someone who couldn't use aura. Which happened to be Anceril by the way - not by the Water Pokemon, but the amount of people.

The silver hair girl above quickly heard the crowd, exclaiming and protesting as they all tried to find the Golden Magikarp. What was happening? Looking over slowly, peeking her head out from behind Aryuna's head, she caught a small glimpse of her sister's best friend, Becca. Although the two had different approaches to this search, the both definitely have the same determination currently. However, at the moment, the number of people and the amount of noise sort of caused her to become a bit frightened. Despite having the Holo Caster, she simply texted to Kanna's phone that she was going to tell the Togekiss to bring her back to the dorm along with Velia.

A soft vibration on the younger teen's phone alerted her. Bringing up the text onto her radar, the eye piece coming out, she let out a sigh. Ah well, her sister was leaving, but that was alright. As much help as Anceril had been to her, she didn't think her older sister would be able to stand it any longer with a large crowd. Looking up, she gave a nod, before giving Aryuna the signal to fly back to the dorm.

Off the Togekiss went.

Ceylon then tapped her on the shoulder, pointing over to the ocean. All the poffins she had thrown in were gone. Kanna, startled, looked around. It was only a few moments ago that she threw them in. How could they have gone already? Then, she remembered the number of Water Pokemon appearing over to this area because of the crowd. That, or Dasani ate all of it. Letting out another long sigh, Kanna then saw a quick flash of red - Magikarp.

A small light of hope appeared to fill in her doubts. This many Magikarp could only mean that maybe the Shiny one was around! However, telling the fish's auras from one another was a different case. Oh, this was going to be fun, considering the fact that Kanna didn't know her best friend - and most friendly rival - was right on the port with the crowd, competing with her at the canals to find the Golden Magikarp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:33 am

The red head blinked and gave the man a polite smile, turning her straight line to an upside down rainbow. If that made any sense. "I apologize for waking you. I wanted to ask if I could borrow your fishing pole while you were sleeping."  She stood up and tucked a stray piece of hair back into it's spot. She could tell he was tired. Well, wouldn't anyone? Sitting at the canal for who knows how long! Must be tiring.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 pm

"Erm..." the fisherman glanced sleepily at the fishing rod beside him, and leaned his head back against the Swalot. Half asleep, he answered, "Sure..." , before his breathing became shallow once more and he drifted into sleep, his Pokémon letting out an amused Saaaah... as it seemed to be having a dream of sorts. Saliva appeared at the corner of the large Pokémon's mouth.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:53 am

Becca beamed, then opened her mouth to thank him, when he fell back asleep. The trainer sighed and quietly reached for the fishing rod. Seeing that the rod hadn't been fully reeled, she pushed the peddle forwards, dragging the line in. The bobber hit the top of the pole, I swear to god if you take this the wrong way, Sleepy, Fal, Jay. >n> disallowing her from reeling it in any farther. The red head rested the reel on the ground, and rested the hook on her knee.

Her hand reached for her bag of blue, poffins. She was still shocked that the lady had given them to her. Then now this guy had allowed her to borrow the fishing rod. Well, he was half asleep, but that wasn't the point.

Becca tore off a piece of the food, and hooked it carefully on the pole. Acting as a lure for the golden Pokemon. Slowly rising to her feet, Becca scanned the water, not wanting to snag the hook on a pipe or any other object that someone may have dropped in the canal. Finding the water safe, Becca held the rod over her shoulder. As if readying for a swing in a baseball game. Her right thumb posed over the black button to release the line as soon as she swung it forward.

And she did so. The line cascaded into the water, landing with a 'Plop'. The impact sent out waves, rippling the surface.The bobber bouncing along where the poffin sank into the canal. And to the unsuspecting fish, they couldn't see the hook and wire attacked to the lure. An easy dinner, perhaps?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sleepy

Poké : 1000

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 pm

what a lucky fisherman, ohonhonhon >//u//>

View user profile http://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Not a single tug came from the fishing rod. However, after a few moments, a faint glow could be seen under the water. It moved down the canal slowly, stopping for a moment at the fishing rod before continuing past Becca and down the other direction. The canal led out of the city and to the forest.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:11 am

Becca seated herself at the edge. Her eyes watching the bobber intently, the warm feeling of the sun warmed her back. The salty sea air graced her surroundings, the sent was carried through the wind drifting through her hair and tossing the red locks into her eyes. She smiled to herself and let her thoughts drift into the past.

The warm sun's rays glided down towards a lake surrounded by thick trees and a rocky shore line. The breeze was windy, however not too much so. It would pick up every once or a while. Cooling the people that did various things under the sun. Two humans sat on a large rock that jutted out towards the center of the lake. However, it only went a few feet away from the shore.

On the tip of the smooth rock sat two red headed humans. One older, taller male with semi messy hair, smile wrinkles were very defined on his features. Two blue, kind eyes watched the younger red head attempt to cast a line into the smooth waters. He wore a navy blue fishing shirt, and tan shorts.

Next to him, was a smaller girl, about the age of six. Her shoulder length red hair was practically identical to the man's, so it was easy to tell that they were related. A white blouse with a sunflower sown on it was on the little girl's torso. Navy blue pants were a little long, so only her pink painted toes were able to be spotted beneath the fabric. Her red eyes narrowed in as much concentration as a six year old could muster. her arms were outstretched as she tried to cast the line.

"Keep your thumb over the button, and once the tip of the pole is pointing up there," The father pointed up to the clouds above. "Then you press down on the button. It releases the lure, and it goes farther."

The girl looked up at her father, her messy air getting in her eyes. But she didn't reach to brush them away, instead the turned back to her reel and pulled the line back in. And reset the line, like her father had shown her before. She give her father a determined smile and pulled the pole back, then swung the pole forward, and at the tip of the arch, her little thumb pressed down as hard as it could on the black button.

The lure rushed forward, making much farther ground then her first trial run from before.

The old man smiled and patted the girl's hair. "Now, wait until the bobber goes down, and keep reeling in the line very once in a while. It makes the bait look alive." The man removed his hand and crouched down so he was sitting on his feet. His head just about level with his daughter's.

"Keep an eye out in the waters you'll never know what you'll see."

Becca snapped out of her thoughts and turned her red gaze towards the waters. A glimmer caught her eye. The teenager quickly sat up. The glitter moved towards the forest, heading away from her vision. Opening her mouth in shock Becca reeled in the line and snatched her bag of poffins. Becca hardly glanced around her as she took off, the fishing pole resting on her shoulder as she followed the glimmer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:42 am

The glimmer continued down the canal, and out of the city, not knowing it was being followed. After what seemed to be ages, the glimmer finally rested at what seemed to be a small lake of sorts, located within the forest. The canal had emptied into the lake, and a few Pokémon had settled around it, oblivious to the shine in the water, or simply uncaring. The shine was settled and oblivious to everything as well, but did not surface to any degree.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:00 pm

The teen continued to run, leaping over roots that have brought their way up to the surface, sliding under low hanging branches. Every once and a while she would glance over at the water, to see a glimmer a few feet in front of her. Man does it move fast! Becca looked ahead and much to her delight, a small lake stood still in the distance. The trainer's heart skipped, and she picked up the pace, hoping to get there to see where the glimmer disappears to.

Much to her delight, Becca got there before the glimmer. She watched it settle, then stop moving completely. She frowned and glanced at the entrance. It was way more than enough for her Gyarados to block the shine from escaping. The trainer fumbled for her Water type's Pokeball, then tossed it out pressing the ivory button before letting it loose.

The red beam of light erupted from the red and white ball, and took the form of a 21′4″ Pokemon. It landed in the water with a loud splash, surely disrupting any and all Pokemon within the lake. Becca's heart pounded harder. "Quick! Akane!" She called hurriedly, hoping most of the Pokemon where still in confusion with the shiny Gyarados. "Block the entrance!"

The giant Pokemon quickly complied, and swam towards the entrance to the lake, blocking any escape.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:34 pm

The shine didn't seem to notice or care. It stayed in the the same area, only seeming to flinch but a tad when the Pokémon had appeared. It must have been doing something, such as eating under the water in which it was residing in.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 am

Her gaze snapped back to the glimmer, who hadn't moved. The rough waves had already died down, and guessing that the fish had scattered, it left the place where the glimmer was, empty. Praying that that was the Pokemon she was looking for, Becca set down the fishing rod and the bait. The trainer tweaked the line so it would go father, then she stood up. The fishing rod clutched so tightly in her right hand that one could see the tension in her knuckles.

Her face was set in a determined gaze, much like the one she had in the flash back. Becca sent out the line, watching the hook lead the way to forming an arch. It went to the other side of the lake, landing only with a plop. With great haste, the trainer reeled in the line, until it was a foot or so way from what she believed was a Pokemon.

She then stood quietly, her hands steady on the rod. Slowly reeling it in, closing the distance on the Pokemon.

To the Pokemon, she hoped that it looked like something delicious to eat. Something that would satisfy his or her's hunger.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayson
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:25 am

The glimmering object within the water seemed to take notice to the bait. It seemed to forget about the encounter earlier with the food, seemingly in a hurry, but now it came to rest in the pong. Why not a bite to eat?

The Pokémon within the water shot forward, latching onto the bait and tugging at the line in a sudden surprise.

Adeline Dechant

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Search Continues!   

Back to top Go down

The Search Continues!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Battle Academy :: Luzae Island :: Azulia-